Monday, August 4, 2008

Hootie


Jon and I

Hootie

Concert goers

I bought tickets to see Hootie for Jonathan's' birthday, the concert was on my birthday so I thought we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Hootie hit big while we were in middle/high school. I thought we would enjoy a night out!

With breastfeeding we had to leave right before the concert. We left at 7 for the 7:30 concert. Gran and Pop-Pop watched the kids! Thank you so very much for letting us have a night out!

They had an opening band for the concert called the Drew Davis Band. Okay, usually I do not write negative reviews, but we did not enjoy this band. A country group from San Francisco. Enough said. I have never seen so many pelvic thrusts in country music. The lead singer would talk normally and then when he sang it sometimes sounded like he had gained an Aaron Tippen accent. Which is a unique southern accent which lead me to believe that he had a fake voice. Jon and I were disappointed because if we had known how bad this was we would have went out to our favorite place to eat out for special occasions, Charlie's Steakhouse. We like to go there for our Anniversaries.

Okay, so the concert started at 7:30. The Drew Davis Band was over at 8:15. Hootie did not come on until 9pm. I was like don't they know that I have 4 kids at home. By this point I was starving and wishing we went out to eat. The concert was really laid back with people all ages. I was really surprised to see there was alot of teenagers there, our age group, and people our parents age.

Okay, we were entertained the whole concert. In front of us were two women that we will say were very loose(aka wasted). They were feeling the music standing up and dancing uniquely the whole concert long. One of the women brought he husband, he loosened up and started dancing with his wife in close proximity. But we had the front row view. EVERYBODY was starring down at them and laughing! Jon said "They sound just like the c.d." I said "I know they are lip sync hing!" They really did sound good. And everyone around us had a good time listening to music! Then Cravin' Melon came on, and played a song with Hootie, we were a little disappointed Darius didn't let them sing. We'll they sang "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe. On the end of the row, by the wasted dancers were an older couple like early 70's. So at the pivotal point in the song, the older man raises up his cane in the air, and does a cane pump. Jonathan was like "Oh my, that old man just did a cane pump!" I was like OMG, he is going to fall over. It was hilarious! So we had an entertaining evening. We got take out from the Waffle House on the way home. Carpenter and Marley spent the night at Gran's and we took the other two home. We had a chillax evening listening to an old favorite.

I can tell you more about my birthday, that the kids took a extremely short nap, I guess they wanted to spend more time with me on my special day. But I have no more time on the computer. I must pick up this house!

Here is a video of Hootie and the Blowfish singing "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" When the sccren goes black, I was trying to capture the crazy people in front of us dancing, but the light was not good enough. We just wish we could have shared that wonderful dancing performance!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

xanax price drug interactions dramamine xanax - xanax quit smoking

Anonymous said...

cheap ativan buying ativan online safe - ativan and breastfeeding

Anonymous said...

generic zolpidem where to buy zolpidem tartrate - zolpidem side effects hair loss

Anonymous said...

ativan online ativan high effects - lorazepam online india

Anonymous said...

online xanax xanax withdrawal day 6 - xanax bars g3722

Anonymous said...

buy xanax bars online no prescription xanax withdrawal time frame - drug interactions with xanax xr

Anonymous said...

buy ativan side effects vicodin ativan - ativan vs klonopin high

Anonymous said...

generic alprazolam xanax employer drug test - buy gador alprazolam

Anonymous said...

ativan drug ativan withdrawal after 1 week - ativan and alcohol interaction

Anonymous said...

valium depression oxycodone valium high - round green pill valium

Anonymous said...

order valium online no prescription valium quick does work - valium yellow pill mg

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam medication stronger than valium - valium for anxiety dose