Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Did I cheat them?

I have been thinking alot about my kids lately! I was thinking that I had over 4 wonderful years with Marley as an only child. I look back and think that I was such a better mother then. Marley knew her ABC's before 2, slept through the night early, potty trained early and easily, and the list goes on and on. While we were raising Marley I was finishing up my schooling! I had thought that I had planed it out perfectly, you see we didn't want or kids to be so far apart. I thought I had planed it out while I was finishing my Student Teaching that Carpenter would be born right after that. Carpenter came early and my teachers were not as nice as I had wished they would be(now I see it as a God thing, then I was devastated!)! We always wanted our children close together in age. While my sister and I are 8 years apart, we have a great relationship, it was like I was a little mother whe I was little. I wanted our kids to be able to play together grow together. So Carpenter is 16 months apart from Sadie and Sadie is 20 months apart from Rowan. I love that they are close together. I mean to say that it isn't always easy loading them to places! But I love seeing them be individuals, but also showing their unity. But I often wonder, did I cheat them? You see, I don't feel like I am as fun as I used to be. Marley and I always made crafts, painted, read the Bible, memorized scripture, learned, wrote, read, played in puddles! We had fun! I just think that I don't do as much as I did with just Marley! I think I have become lazy. You see if I want to paint with the kids, which I have done, I sometimes think to myself, why bother. The clean up is going to be heck! Trying not to get paint all over! So I am going to try not to cheat them anymore, have fun, worry about messes later, and give them a happy childhood! Marley, Carpenter, Sadie, and Rowan I love you all so very much, even though we may have a larger family than some people we are still going to have a wonderful journey through life! I am promising to do my best and better!

21 comments:

Medic Mom said...

I think you are a WONDERFUL mother! I often think that I cheated the girls because I spent so much time away with work and school. But you do the best you can with what you have! As long as you love them and show them you do, that's what they'll remember!

Roxann said...

Everyone has to refresh their thinking periodically and just remember to look at things with fresh eyes. I had to do that a lot when I was teaching because its so easy to get in a rut but as long as people are aware that that happens, then you keep it from happening.... at least not as much. :)

Roxann said...

Everyone has to refresh their thinking periodically and just remember to look at things with fresh eyes. I had to do that a lot when I was teaching because its so easy to get in a rut but as long as people are aware that that happens, then you keep it from happening.... at least not as much. :)

Kelly said...

Did you cheat them? Nope. Nada. Never.
How many times do I have to tell you that you are super mom of the universe???
Pack those kids up and come over to my house. They can paint and make a huge mess and I'll clean it up!!!! :-)
I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

ambien buy ambien generic drug cost - buy generic ambien online no prescription

Anonymous said...

cheap xanax no prescription many 1mg xanax equal bar - buy xanax online pharmacy

Anonymous said...

zolpidem ambien zolpidem er effective ambien cr - zolpidem tartrate effects

Anonymous said...

generic xanax buy alprazolam online australia - xanax side effects on the brain

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam 10 mg watson - buy diazepam online usa

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium dosage to help sleep - valium dosage mg

Anonymous said...

valium antidepressant valium 10mg - what is valium classified as

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan dosage wikipedia - ativan overdose and treatment

Anonymous said...

diazepam no prescription needed diazepam high alert drug - diazepam what dosage

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam xanax interactions - valium side effects hair loss

Anonymous said...

ativan anxiety ativan addiction withdrawal symptoms - ativan withdrawal itching

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online 4mg ativan high - lorazepam to buy online

Anonymous said...

diazepam online buy diazepam 10mg bulk - diazepam 2 mg dose

Anonymous said...

buy soma salzarex generic soma - carisoprodol - v 2410 side effects

Anonymous said...

soma muscle soma online game - buy soma online with cod

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol buy soma online $0.45 each - buy soma online no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium high vs. xanax high - drug interactions valium trazodone