Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Capstone Church

On 8.08.08 our family went to a new church that is starting in Fountain Inn, Capstone Church. We had a great time with friends. We took all the kids so I watched them while Jon got to watch the presentation of the new church. Everything seemed to go well, I thought the turn out was good.

But also a great thing happened! Carpenter climbed up the bouncy blow up slide probably over 20 times. And you may wonder why I delight in that. Carpenter wants to play on those bouncy things. But with other kids on them he does not have the balance to keep up sometimes! They had his end of the year party at, Climbin' High, truthfully, I hated it for Carpenter, all of the other kids, it would be fine! But he really wasn't able to play on the bouncy stuff! He is rather kind of pitiful, he will just wait in the doorway and watch the other kids play. But on Friday night he was able to climb the big slide all the way up to the top by himself! Jon and I were soo excited to see him play! To be able to play! He is getting older you know, he will be four next month and it seems like time as flown by. I thought he would either sleep very well that night or be in pain from climbing the bouncy slide so much. Those little muscles would be tired. He slept til 7 am the next morning. In that it was a miracle, he usually wakes us up before the sun rises! It was a great moment, a truly wonderful moment, I mean I almost cried in front of everyone moment!



Jon took Carpenter up the slide once and that was all it took! He did it himself after that!





1 comment:

Roxann said...

I'm so excited!!! He is making a lot of progress lately. Maybe he will be going up the play area at McDonalds soon and you won't have to go up and get him when he gets scared. :) The other day, he said hello so clearly on the phone to me. I didn't realize it was him it was so clear. Wonderful stuff.