Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to the Grind Stone

Carpenter started back to school on Monday! He is going three days a week to the MC and then will start FIFBC 3K after Labor Day. I think his first day went well! He has a new teacher but is still in his classroom from last year! I hope everything will go well! Also, he will repeat 3K at FIFBC instead of moving up to 4K, his birthday is September 16th so he misses the cut off date. I am a little upset because he had Nathan, Ben, and Jack in his room last year. So hopefully he will make some new friends!


I walked Marley in for her first day in third grade! I can't believe it! 3rd grade already! Boy, has the time flown by! I told Marley I would walk her in everyone of her first days, even in college!!! I got to take Marley to Meet the Teacher night, and right before we got out of the car, "Mom, don't say anything!" Apparently I had just become an embarrassment to my 8 year old!

Meet the Teacher Night!

Walking her into school!

We made it! 3rd grade here she comes!

We have a busy few weeks, we have of course the starting of school! See, I had it real easy! Gran worked as a secretary at FIES, so she would pick Marley up for school and bring her home! This was a lifesaver! But Gran retired last year. So I worked it out with Tammy, that I would take the girls to school and she would pick them up! This is a wonderful praise because I do not want to wake the three little ones from their naps.

On Saturday the 23rd, is Jon's 10 year high school reunion!!!! I can't believe it has been 10 years! Man, are we getting old!!!! Jon's friend Brian is coming down from D.C. to go with us! We are going to miss Nathaniel and Alina Perry though, they are in the Ukraine because Alina's brother is getting married! I think we will have a wonderful time!!! It is also my sista, Taylor's 19th birthday! We are going to celebrate on Sunday! Also my dad's birthday is on the 27th! Can I write what your age is, dad?

Then on the 30th, we have a fun birthday party to go to around lunch time! But we also have Brian's wedding at 4:30! It is going to be at Pretty Place and the reception at The Westin Poinsett! Jonathan is a groomsmen! I know it is going to be a beautiful wedding! Now, that some of our friends are getting married, they need to catch up in our kid count! No pressure guys!

Here are some pics of Brian in Baghdad:
Brian is in the Army with MI, Military Intelligence. He still will not tell me what that entails!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am not believing that girl is in 3rd grade!!! Have a wonderful school year Miss Marley! Love you!!