Monday, July 28, 2008

Inside the Green Berets

Inside the Green Berets ~ the Men of Firebase Cobra. I caught this program again tonight. I remember when Jon and I watched it the first time! It is on the National Geographic Channel(which is channel 276 on DirecTV). We tuned in because we have a great interest in military life. This program shows the Green Berets in action, their daily lives in Afghanistan. It was neat to see some of them with beards and scruffy faces. It showed the fine line between "healers and killers." They came to an Afghan village and had a medic team there. They treated anyone who would come, the Afghan's lived in fear of retaliation from the Taliban from seeking medical help. A Grandfather brought his grandson in, right away both Jon and I saw that he had Down Syndrome. I was shocked. Tears were rolling down my face. Yes, children with DS exist outside of America(You can look on the national websites and see the unique and beautiful colorings but those same eyes, those same features). I was truly amazed that the boy has survived. I mean without major surgery, Archie might not be here(I hope you don't mind me saying that Anne), and without a simple feeding tube maybe Carpenter would not have been here either. (God has granted us being in a wonderful place that has awe inspiring medical experts.)I was just struck by the love his family shown the Afghan boy with DS, the medic/sniper who treated him teared up, and struck by this beautiful boy. One of my next thoughts was how to save him. You see children suffering especially children with DS, you want to save them and bring them to America. But I could tell his family loved him and he seemed pretty happy. I just thought that his family is not worried about EI's, Speech, Physical, and Occupational Therapy. They are just worried about survival. I couldn't sleep that night when I first saw him, my prayers were up lifted to him all night. I cried when I watched it again. The whole hour long segment is a tear jerker. But I really learned a bunch from the segment. War is hard to describe, and possibly can not be fully explained unless you were there. I just thank the soldiers and their families for their unending service to our great country!

It comes on again tonight at 11pm. Maybe you could set a reminder! It is well worth it!

24 comments:

Medic Mom said...

What an AWESOME story!!! This brings a softer side of war that I think we often times forget! I love to hear these kind of stories - they warm my heart! Oh yeah - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't mind you saying so! It's the truth!

Kelly said...

I watched it tonight and saw that precious little boy. I cried. More people need to see this show.

Anonymous said...

order ambien ambien cr generic price - ambien cr 12.5 mg half life

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online side effects taking zolpidem tartrate - zolpidem 5mg cost

Anonymous said...

valium 10mg valium for dizziness - diazepam valium sale

Anonymous said...

buy xanax do xanax pills do you - round white generic xanax

Anonymous said...

buy valium 10mg valium enough - valium 5mg tablets diazepam

Anonymous said...

diazepam no prescription needed diazepam high alert drug - diazepam what dosage

Anonymous said...

order xanax best generic xanax 2mg - xanax prescription online no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam online no prescription green xanax bars 3 milligrams - xanax bars cost

Anonymous said...

ativan drug ativan overdose icd 9 code - ativan jaw pain

Anonymous said...

xanax online no prescription quotes on xanax - half 1mg xanax

Anonymous said...

diazepam for dogs buy diazepam using paypal - high von diazepam

Anonymous said...

purchase ativan ativan 59 - ativan online prescription

Anonymous said...

diazepam overdose diazepam 5mg not working - buy diazepam safely

Anonymous said...

ativan cost ativan respiratory side effects - ativan 2mg overdose

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online 2mg xanax street price - xanax birth control pills

Anonymous said...

where can i order xanax online what does 1mg generic xanax look like - xanax side effects stopping

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online legally sleep well herbal ambien - ambien dosage white pill

Anonymous said...

buy soma buy soma us - soma drug while pregnant

Anonymous said...

buy soma best place buy somatomax - soma drug information

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online buy xanax ambien online - ambien sleep stories

Anonymous said...

cheap soma online where to buy soma without rx - soma intimates coupons codes