Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mrs. Patty

I have been crushed this week. I have learned that Carpenter's SI(Special Instruction) is changing jobs! To say I am devastated can not fully describe the words I feel! She has been with Carpenter since he was a month old! In October it would be 4 years! She has truly been like my second mother. I was totally surprised that I could get this close to someone! She has seen my house messy, me in my pj's, and kids going crazy. God truly blessed us by placing Mrs. Patty in our lives. She is just one person that I know loves and adores Carpenter. And would do anything for him! She also makes all of the other kids feel special. It is hard to do SI, with 3 other kids around! It is just heartbreaking! She knows all about our family. And I share in the joys of her family! She is also a huge amount of support for me. She calms my fears when I don't think that I am doing enough for Carpenter. She was excited about the arrivals of Sadie and Rowan. Mrs. Patty stayed at home with her sons and just reinforced how important that is! Mrs. Patty will still me living in Greenville but will commute to NC to work SI up there. Apparently they pay their people a whole lot more!

I don't know what we will do about our weekly appointments with Mrs. Patty. I thought she would at least be in our lives for Carpenter's first 6 years! I will miss her being apart of our family. I hope and pray that we will stay in touch!

We love you Mrs. Patty, thank you for your hard work, dedication, love, and strength you have given to our family! She helped me find a voice in dealing with the world of disability.

No comments: