Monday, July 14, 2008

Blood Diamond

A few weeks ago, Jon rented some movies. One of them was Blood Diamond. Usually, I love films like this. I love war movies, unique movies that teach the viewer alot about the cultures around them. We'll I couldn't even make it through this movie. Mostly since Rowan was born, I just can't take stuff anymore. I can not watch movies that hurt children. To see children as young as Marley killing innocent people with automatic weapons just hurt me to the core. Seeing brutal factions cut each other's arms off was just too much for me. I know what is going on in the world, and how wonderful we have it. I just couldn't take it anymore. I look at things through a mother's point of view, that look on every child as if it was happening to their own. So I couldn't even make it through Blood Diamond. I was just totally shocked because this had never happened to me before. Did I lose my backbone? Jon said that is was a really great movie though!

It made me what to take my diamond off of my finger. I am a simple person when it comes to wedding bands. I wanted something plain. Our love was not measured through a rock. It would mean as much to me if it was just a plain band. It makes me not want to buy a diamond again.

On a happier note:
Marley has rated a few Disney movies in order of which were the best!

1. Camp Rock
2. HSM 2
3. HSM

I was really surprised, I thought she would have like the HSM series better. She said "Three Jonas brothers are a whole lot better than one Zac Efron!" I was like OMG, when did this boy talk start?

No comments: