Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Black Out

So we had a pretty nice storm last night. We'll it knocked out the power! The kids an I love to watch the storms. We usually sit on the floor in front of our picture window and turn out the lights and watch the lightening strikes. So we are all there huddled together and irnoically the lights go out permanently. Marley said "I wish daddy was here!" And I said I did too. We quickly moved to the couch because the storms were getting more powerful. I had a scared Sadie, whimpering Carpenter, a worried Marley, and a screaming Rowan. Rowan just got his first dose of antiboitic for an ear infection plus he is getting two teeth in and is not a happy camper. Sadie's quote of the night was "No, I told that thunder NO!" By this time I have all three of the little ones on my lap, this would not have been a problem except that the power was out and so the air conditioning was out! I was burning slap up, we were sweating! Finally I was able to calm Rowan down and get him to sleep. Then Jon came home and we sat sweating! I have come to find that it is not fair for the power to go out on the hottest day of the year so far! So we opened up the windows, which I hate, due to safety reasons, this really did not help! So the rest of the night was getting kids and putting them back into their beds because they are soo uncomfortable because of the heat and Rowan crying all night long! The power came back on at about 2am! I think all of the Golden Strip was out for a while! I can not do without my power!!!

2 comments:

natalie said...

Emma tells us to turn the thunder off.

Kelly said...

Bless your heart! That is awful! I hope you got SOME sleep!!!