Friday, February 22, 2008

Playing Ball!

It is time again for me to sign Marley up for softball. And I can't wait! Even though my dad was a coach, I am scared to catch a softball flying at me! I think it is a great skill everyone needs to learn, playing ball. At the same time, Carpenter loves playing ball. He can hit that ball of the tee so well. He has this natural swing. Someone suggested to me that I should put him in the miracle league. Thoughts in my head were filled with disappointment that anyone would suggest that. I want him to play ball in the Fountain Inn Rec Department, just like Marley does. I want "normal!" I was hurt! I knew Miracle Leagues are wonderful things, but I always hoped he would play in a regular league. But then I got to thinking about it, what is Carpenter going to do when the ball is hit directly at him, will he be able to move fast enough to get out the way? Reality struck it's hard blow. He is not ready for a regular league. Then sadness hit. Will Carpenter care that he is in the miracle league? No! He just loves playing ball. My hopes are that he will be able to learn the basics in the miracle league and then move to our local rec league. That is my goal! Is it attainable, yes? Will it happen? We will see! I set high standards for Carpenter, as well as my other children! So I will give you updates on the journey of playing ball!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Your high standards for all of your children are what makes them so wonderful in all they do! Keep it up Mommy, and with your help and support they will all achieve their goals!

Roxann said...

You are right, Carpenter wants to play... no matter with whom. He loves living and he lives a full and thought filled life. It amazes me what he comes up with and what he does. He did a great job when he was line leader and weatherman for the class the other day. I'd be more worried not that carpenter could not get out of the way for a ball hit at him but rather that he always runs to the ball because he wants to be in the action. :)