Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mothers

Mothers! As I have walked into the Meyer Center(they are re-doing the entrance now), I would always wondered about this certain mother, what she was like, how her child was doing, what were her hopes and dreams? We always ran into eachother at the door entrance and I would always try to hold the door open for her and her child. Her child is in a walker. Something just connects me to her, she doesn't even know my name! Our usual talk is "Hey, let me get the door for you!" And that is how it ends! I look at her face sometimes and see a tired person, and I wonder do my eyes look tired like that also! Having a child with a disability some people just fear. I have found that therapist and doctors have become commonplace to me now. And I don't feel that we are extraordinary. But I looked at this woman and felt like I want to get to know her and do something for her. She seems real quiet, and when two shy people meet there is not much conversation going on. We'll the other day I had to take Rowan to the pediatric urologists. Low and behold, there was that mom. I got up enough courage, and ask how she was, did her child go to school today, and so on? And I could see the joy and happiness in her face. I was worrying it was being burnt out. The doctor there was saying that this was the most patient woman she has ever met. I was able to see into her life. I am not trying to sound disrespectful. It is just I don't know how some moms do it. Like those who are in the hospital with their child all day. Most of all seeing her, even though I don't know her, gives me strength. A "Way to go, mom!" feeling!


I have been wanting to write more stuff that I feel deep in my heart. But who wants to let that out? Sometimes you can be worried about your true feelings being exposed! So I have some heartfelt things I would like to post, I just need to find the time to do so!

4 comments:

Annie said...

I look forward to reading more. I am so glad you were able to talk to that mom. I bet you made her day. I know it is hard to let our deep feelings on a blog. I write them, close my eyes and hit "post," and sometimes Brian has to post them for me. haha

Roxann said...

I'm proud of you Stacey, you are very shy, you don't even like talking to the person in the drive through window :), and you talked to someone you didn't know and probably made their day feel good like it did for you.

Anonymous said...

I think I know what mother you're talking about... If it's the same one I'm thinking of you'll be blown away by her story. We'll share later. :-)

Kelly said...

God is working through you Stace! Keep up that courage!