Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 Things that are in my refrigerator:

1. A whole case of Dasani water. I love the brand Dasani. It tastes the most like my parents well water! I stopped drinking sodas while pregnant with Rowan due to G. Diabetes. I used to could not believe that people could drink 8 glasses of water a day. But I can! I love water now! I can't stand the thickness of soda. But I still have my occasional glass of sweet tea!

2. Snickers ice cream bars. I love them! I am not a big fan of the regular candy. But the ice cream version of Snickers is great! This is one of my cravings while breastfeeding.

3. A Dozen eggs. We go through a ton of eggs. The last I cooked eggs for the family, I cooked 10 eggs. And Rowan isn't even eating food yet!

4. Baking Soda. I have no idea how old this is or why I have it still in there. It is just one of those things you are supposed to have in the frig, right?

5. Breast milk. I have pumped just two bags full of milk. I am getting prepared for my spa day, Jon! You should of seen my freezer when I was pumping for Carpenter. Jonathan said it was a diary and that we were going to make our own ice cream and butter.

6. Bacon. We go through a TON of bacon. Carpenter, Sadie, Marley, and Jonathan are bacon monsters! I am not kidding. They will eat up a package before I even get a chance to get some for myself. Gran bought me the microwavable bacon so it would be easier for me on school mornings.

7. Amoxilcillin. Sadie is getting over an ear infection. She hasn't had one in forever!

8. Horse. A frozen horse from Carpenter's birthday cake. Marley wanted me to save it so she could eat it later. I don't think she wants to eat it but wants to keep it forever.

9. Milk. Vitamin D whole milk. I still buy Vitamin D whole milk because my kids are tiny and they could use the extra calories. I am not a fan of milk. So everyone else drinks it.

10. Juice. I can not tell you how fast we go through juice. I buy huge containers of apple, orange, and grape juice. Each container usually doesn't make it to day 2. I also buy capri sun juice boxes. I like that brand. I have a drawer just for juice boxers. (I also have a drawer for snacks in the kitchen, the babies know how to break into it). Carpenter and Sadie know exactly where the juice boxes are, they can open up the frig and get one. Scary, huh?

11. Cinnamon Rolls. It has to be Pillsbury. We got through some Cinnamon rolls. I guess you can tell breakfast is big in our house.

12. Tortillas. I make breakfast, bean, beef, cheese tortillas. I guess that is the mexican in me.

13. Pediasure milk. Sadie was allergic to milk. And she was also tiny and the doctors were worried about her weight. So I had to buy the kid ensure's, Pediasure. They come in serval flavors, vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. They are very expensive. One tiny bottle full is like $1.75.

My favorite thing I remember in my mom's refrigerator growing up. I would always put a snow ball in the freezer. We don't get too much snow in the Upstate, so I wanted to keep a reminder of the fun we had playing in the snow and eating snow cream.

3 comments:

Medic Mom said...

I need some tips on breastfeeding. I have decided that I am going to breastfeed Reese, but I am terrified. Can you offer me some tips? I tried to pump for the girls,but b/c they were early - my milk never came in! If you want, email me at ac5557@yahoo.com!!

Kelly said...

We have baking soda too. How long can you keep that stuff? I'm not sure.
Girl, I can't even imagine the amounts of food your family goes through!!
You make the BEST mexican food!

Anonymous said...

Hi aunt Stacey!Marley and I made snowballs at Gran's house.Has Marley's melted yet?