Saturday, January 26, 2008

Busy Week

Monday:
So the kids were out of school today! I had to take Carpenter to get the second dose of the flu shot. And while we were there I went ahead and got Marley's 8 year old check up. I took all four kids to the doctor. OH MY! It was crazy! Here I was trying to listen to the doctor, holding Rowan, and Carpenter and Sadie running in circles around the doctor and me. They were all over the place. And on top of that Marley had to get two shots and cried before the shots, during the shots, and after the shots! Thank goodness halfway into our appointment Gran surprised me and came in to help me with the children! Thank you Gran! I guess she knew I needed some help!

Tuesday: Back to school! Marley went back to school and so did Carpenter. They both had a great day. Carpenter got evaluated by a new speech lady at the Meyer Center. I was soo pumped that all went well!(I will write more about this later!) Marley had a bunch of homework because she was out of school on Monday!

Wednesday: Carpenter went to church preschool! Mrs. Tammy picked him up for me! It is so great to have a close relationship with your neighbors! I missed a cute moment though. Nathan told his mom that he and Carpenter wanted to walk into school all by themselves. And they did! I probably would have cried! For some reason I get mushy over school things! Today was show-n-tell, Carpenter's favorite. He brought in chicken dance elmo. He also had his new cool elmo light up book bag from Mema. Sadie loved the book bag so much that I got her a girly elmo book bag for her birthday. Both of them are rollie book bags. They love them! Sadie will start MMO next month for one day a week! This will be good for her not to have to be stuck in the car all day! And this will give her a chance to play well with others. Pray for the other kids that they will survive! Just kidding!

Thursday: Today was speech day with Mrs. Donna. Carpenter talked so much she didn't have time to write all of it down! Next it is our usual Thursday lunch out at Schlotzsky's Deli. I love it! Marley was going to go see Taylor at Clemson. And I really wanted to go see her! I was unsure how the kids would do! But I haven't been to her dorm or to visit her at Clemson! I know you bloggers can't believe I haven't visited her but my life has been a little busy. The kids were pretty good on the ride down to Clemson. When we were a family of three we used to take Marley to the games with Brian Harmon. Taylor's dorm is all the way up on the 5th floor. I was surprised about how big the room was. I mean it was tiny but when you loft the beds you have more room! So we enjoyed her dorm room. We had to take the stairs down because they only had one elevator working and it was always full! Next we went out to eat at Monterrey's. Taylor's room mate, Kayla, joined us. We had as much fun as you can eating with 4 children. I liked seeing Taylor's dorm room! The only other dorm room I have been in was Kelly's at Converse. It was neat to see what life would have been like if I had went to Clemson.

MeMe and Rowan

What do college girls have in their fridge? Soy milk, pickles, bread, and bottled water!

Taylor's Desk

Kayla and Carpenter

Sadie loved the ball!

Kayla and Taylor

Rowan

Rowan, Taylor and I

Bunk bed fun!

Carpenter loved trying to climbing the bunk beds!

Friday:
School and running around. An usual day! Meme bought Rowan a light up musical toy for the car. It comes with a remote control so I can try to make him happy while he is in the car.

Saturday: We are going to try to go to get some groceries! We are completely out of everything! I spent $185 at Walmart! This was huge sticker shock! But I had to buy two cases of diapers! We ate great tacos at my Memes! You missed out Taylor!

All this week has been tough on my sleep. Everyone kept waking up and I got an average of about 4-5 hours! Ugh! I could conquer the world with more sleep!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What a week! How do you keep up with it all??
I'm so glad Carpenter's speech evaluation went well and that you got go see Taylor's dorm. I know you miss her!

Annie said...

Wow! That was a busy week. I need a nap just from reading about it. :)

Long's Joyful Journey said...

I even left out a doctor's appointment for Rowan and my bible study starting up!

Roxann said...

You didn't mention the reason meme got the remote control toy was because she rode with Rowan from Clemson to Fountain Inn and he never once stopped crying. Knew it was bad but you REALLY don't know until you've traveled in the car with him. :0)