Sunday, January 6, 2008

I've Calmed Down!

After the kids woke up from their nap(which was not long enough), I took them outside. I bundled everyone up. I put the two middle kids in the red wagon. Held Rowan in my arms(I need one of those back pack things, but they just don't fit my short stature good), and we took off for a walk. Marley rode her hot rod scooter. Then Carpenter and Sadie rode their Big Wheels. Sadie actually found her lead foot. Usually our wild child was too scared to push the pedal. The only time they both managed to steer was when they wanted to bump into each other. They would play their version of bumper cars. I tried to keep Rowan warm from the cold(Arm about to fall off from carrying him). Next we played on the play set and Rowan finally fell asleep in my arms. I turned my day back into a positive one. They also managed to go to the potty alot more that evening. The underpants are all clean, but I haven't put them back on yet.

Later that night, I went to Target by myself after the kids were asleep. I had to go get the girls birthday party invitations. Then I came back home and cleaned up my wrecked house. And right now I am looking at that mess again and I don't feel like cleaning it up. I can't wait til 18 more minutes til the kids are in the bed. I will run to the bed and get some sleep before I have to get up and feed Rowan several times during the night.

Tomorrow our life is back to the busy schedule of Marley's school, Carpenter's school and therapy appointments. I have enjoyed this Christmas break. Not taking my shower until 9:30am. Hopefully I will get myself and all the kids ready and out the door and to school on time!

Sidenote: My mom bought Carpenter and Sadie pull-ups. I hope to try them tomorrow after nap time.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

You are my hero! I'm having trouble potty training ONE child. I can't imagine doing 2 at once, plus breastfeeding Rowan and entertaining Marley!
Caroline's potty training is at a stand still (if that makes you feel any better!!). Now she just says she doesn't want to go! UGH!
I hope your week is back to normal and CALM! :-)

Jonathan Long said...

Really? Do you girls really write about all this stuff? So anybody on the internet can just come up and talk to our kids like they know them b/c they don't what time they take their nap and how many times they peed their pants today and etc...I'm so glad that God gave me manhood so that I can go work everyday b/c I couldn't put up with all the stuff you put up with babe, including me.

Jonathan Long said...

previous comment correction "...kids like they know them b/c they know what time..."

Jonathan Long said...

Somebody else comment please. It makes stacey very happy. She lives for this stuff.

Jonathan Long said...

and when you check this stace, you're going to be mad b/c you're going to see 5 comments and get excited and then see it's just your hubby, who is suppose to be doing work on the computer, but b/c he's A.D.D. he's playing on your blog instead.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Kelly said...

Jon, you are cracking me up!!
Stace, now you have even more comments because your best friend is suppose to be working, but she's checking your blog and missing you! :-)