Wednesday, January 9, 2008

School Days

We are back to our school schedule. It hasn't been a good week for everyone. Rowan who cries constantly in the car got so upset that he threw up. I was really worried about him. Is he getting physically sick in the car or is it that he just doesn't want to be in there? So I took him to the doc and he is fine, he just doesn't like his car seat or laying on his belly.

Sadie is still jealous of Carpenter going to school. I may put her in MMO for one day a week. So she doesn't have to tag along. Hopefully she will enjoy playing with new kids.

Carpenter seemed very happy to be back at school. Jonathan took him to school this morning. Carpenter looked so adorable running with his Elmo book bag in between our giant oak trees to get into Jon's truck. He couldn't wait to go to school. He waved to me all the way down the street. Jonathan said he went right in and said hey to Mrs. Jan and then went out into the hall way to put his book bag on the hook(of course he needs a little help because he is not tall enough to put it on the hook, but he knows where his name is). Then he went back into the room and couldn't wait to play. Jonathan asked him for a kiss good - bye. He gave Jon a kiss. Mrs. Karren thought it was so cute, as soon as Jon turned his back Carpenter wiped his kiss off! Today was show-n-tell, Carpenter's favorite activity. He loves bringing in his favorite toys to show to everybody.

I remember how anxious I was when Carpenter started at FIFBC. I was all excited that Carpenter was starting school at our church. We went to meet the teacher night, and I came home and cried. Carpenter was also in school at the Meyer Center, and he was doing really well there. But at FIFBC I saw all of the kids, how big they were, they were talking a bunch, Carpenter wasn't potty trained. I was panicked! I lost it! I had always hoped Carpenter would be in a regular classroom in elementary school. And for the first time, I felt maybe he won't be. I was worried if everyone could understand his wants and needs. I knew at the Meyer Center they had experience with children with special needs. I just wanted to make sure his teachers would love him and not be burden by him not being potty trained, Carpenter not being as verbal. Now, I know that they love him! He fits well in his classroom. The class at FIFBC is really important to me. These will be his peers, they will grow up with him. Later on protect him from possible bullies at school. At first when we found out Sadie was a girl, we were a little surprised. We thought for sure she would be a boy and would protect Carpenter later on. But Sadie will always protect him. She has this spit-fire personality. Everyone better watch out. Sorry I am kind of rambling on and skipping thoughts. Ask Kelly and Annie, in high school I would just jump around in thought, they were supposed to know what I was thinking in my head.


Please continue to pray for Caylyn, David, and a new one Lauren. Lauren is the daughter of Cindy and Adny McCraw. They have an awesome testimony. Cindy is one of the strongest women I know. I had a powerful conversation with Cindy one time, right after Carpenter was born. She probably didn't think it meant anything. But she told me that sometimes she cries. This powerful woman whom I admire cries. It just struck me that it is okay to cry about all of this. I know that "it is okay to cry" is a simple phrase, but it was very powerful to me. Sometimes when you are hit with something surprising or hard, I tend to keep it all inside to manage it. Thank you Cindy, your words always mean alot to me.

3 comments:

Roxann said...

Stacey, I believe you got that chaging subject thing in the middle of conversations from me. I do it all the time. Be talking about one thing and all of a sudden something else totally random comes out my mouth. I have to start saying things in front of my statement like, "i know this has nothing to do with what we are talking about but ...."

Long's Joyful Journey said...

mom, so I can blame it on you!

Kelly said...

I'll read your ramblings any day! :-) I glad yall are back to yor routine.
WE STILL NEED TO GET TOGETHER FOR CHRISTMAS!
Oh, I got the party invitaion today! :-) We'll be there!