Saturday, July 14, 2007

Long Awaited Update!

Sorry everyone, it has been a while since I updated my blog. This past week has just been a real challenging one. This week our family felt like there were many possibilities out there for us and we were going to accomplish them. And we were completely humble in the fact that we are not in control of everything. Jon and I thought our week was going one way, and on Monday just went off track!

When we got back from the beach, our transmission on our Odyssey went out. But thankfully we had 200 miles left on our warranty!! So that was good news! Did not have to pay for a new one! We are currently out growing our home! On Monday, we thought we had found something that was right for us, and the price was doubled! A little upset, but knew that this was a clear sign about what was right for our family. Then Jon had some business issues that were supposed to have gone through on Monday and Tuesday, that just seemed to be crumbling apart. I started to have some real bad contractions and bad back pain. I truthfully was exhausted! And I had no will power at some points. Thank you mom for cooking dinner for us. I needed to get out of the house, but didn't want to move!

So our week just did not go as "we" had planned. It was a real humbling experience. But it definitely brought us closer together as a "Christ centered" family. We started a great nightly devotion with Marley(whenever she is at our home). Jon and I had picked back up on an old devotion of his. It is "The Daily Chase" by Tommy Tenney. This devotion with bible study has just opened our hearts to great enjoyment of new things we had never learned in the bible. It has given us great eagerness to read ahead. But we don't so that we can let everything soak in. The contractions have stopped. I think that I just got overly stressed out! Jonathan's business stuffed worked it self out by Friday.

To write this blog, I did something unthinkable. I gave Carpenter and Sadie both a sucker and turned on Elmo. This is hard for me because I don't like to give kids candy. Jon makes fun of me because I would like to give out fruit at Halloween. But I needed to update.

What do you do when your spirits are low and you are tired of being in the house? Chuck E Cheeses! Here are some pics of us being adventurous trip of taking the kids to Chuck E Cheeses! They loved it!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry about your hectic week! You better slow down girl or Long Baby #4 is going to get really mad and you'll be in the bed like I was!!
I'll call you tomorrow and maybe we can schedule a time to get together this week. I'll come over and help you out! You deserve a BREAK!!!

Annie said...

I am glad that you guys were able to go to Chuck E. Cheese and enjoy sometime as a family after a crazy week. I agree with Kelly, you need to slow down!
It's neat when we can see God working even when we don't understand what is going on.
That is awesome that you guys are doing a devotion with Marley!

Annie said...

BTW, when I was looking for those old pictures to post on my blog, I found a really cute picture of you and Jon from the after prom at Kelly's our senior year! :) It made me smile.

Anonymous said...

I had my son prior to having my daughter and girls are so much easier. My mom told me when I first started out to have him sit to go potty (even if all he needed to do was pee pee)but to face him with his body facing the tank. Sounds weird but from there we progressed to standing to go pee pee. This saved us spraying incidents and mom having to show him how to hold his private down to avoid the spray. Just a suggestion. Praying that potty training is a success and not to stressful.