Friday, July 6, 2007

4th of July

Our 4th of July celebrations started on Sunday night at our church, Fountain Inn First Baptist. FIFBC always has a wonderful musical for the 4th! It was awesome! MeMe did a great job performing! Then everyone at the church had a hotdog supper and waited on the fireworks! We always have a wonderful fireworks show put on by the Roper brothers. The fireworks were spectactular! Carpenter got a little scared so Gran took him to the car and they enjoyed the fireworks from there. Sadie fell asleep during the firworks show! Sorry no pics of Marley she was sitting with MeMe, Papa, and Taylor.



On the 4th, we went up to Landrum to eat lunch at MeMa's. We had a great family visit. MeMa, Papa, MeMe, Aunt Lisa, Uncle Scott, Will, Ian, and our gang had a wonderful lunch. The kids loved riding the golf carts and 4 Wheelers! Jon took Marley, Carpenter, and Sadie on a ride with him. I know what you are saying, "you bad mother!" I am scared to death of 4 Wheelers. Jon thinks that is funny because I would jump out of an airplane but not ride a 4 Wheeler. Sorry a little off track there. But Jon went real slow with them, and none of the kids wanted to get off. I just watched them ride and tried not to think bad thoughts. Sorry I have no pics. I did bring my camera, but my hands were full with the kids!


I hope everyone remembers our service men and women, at home and over broad. Our family friend, James Brian Harmon, is over in Baghdad right now! Brian, I hope you had a wonderful 4th! We miss you very much! Thank you to everyone who serves our country!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Remember that time we met yall at your church for the fireworks?? It was great then, so I know it was great for yall again this year. :-)
I'm so glad you're blogging Stace. I feel like I'm seeing your family all the time, even when we're apart. But it still makes me miss yall like crazy! We need to try to get together some the week of the 16th, ok?

jane said...

Landrum?? I graduated from Landrum High School, lived there from '65 until I left for college but my mother lived there until '85. She taught piano in Landrum for years. Is that where you grew up?

My Dad owned the dime store on the corner where The Hare and the Hound is now.