Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What has been going on in our lives?

We'll last week July 23 - 27 Marley went to arts camp at Simpsonville First with her best friend Milli. They had a wonderful time and had a great performance on Sunday.

Pop-Pop had a great time on the mission trip and everyone had a safe wonderful time! Our church may be going back up there in a few weeks!

My mom, dad, and sister made it home safely and also had a great trip! Taylor did really well! I will have to get some pics from mom to post of my awesome sister! Now Taylor is all about Clemson! She can't wait to move in! Jon can't wait to go help her move in!

Last week, I started having contractions again. So Jon and I had to go to the hospital. Everything worked out fine, they gave me a shot of something though that I really hated. It mad me feel really jumpy and I couldn't control my movements! Jon just laughed at me. Poor Gran had to watch all of the kids by herself and watch Rocky and Gracie (Lee and Amy's baby doggies)! When we came to pick the babies up, both Carpenter and Sadie were asleep in Gran's lap in the rocking chair! Thank you so much Gran, we are truly blessed with family nearby! I know she had to be exhausted!

I found out that I have Gestational Diabetes! I am completely shocked! I really don't eat that much! I am going to a class tomorrow where I am going to learn how to check my blood sugar everyday! Hopefully I will be able to control it through diet and exercise! But this does explain how unbelievably tired I am. I have fears of having a huge baby and not being able to deliver it(I say "it" because we don't know the sex of the baby!)!

So this was our big news! Hope to post some pics soon! Sorry it is kind of difficult to take picks with two little ones' running everywhere!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! You poor thing!! I can't believe that! You better take it easy or you really WILL end up in the bed like I did. (I had that same shot to stop my contractions and it was awful. I know how you feel! I felt like I was losing control!)
I'll call you tomorrow to get the scoop on the diabetes. And I'm praying for you RIGHT NOW! I love you!!

Alison said...

I am praying for you as well! :) You are like my other big sister! You better start slowing down or you will have to stay in bed like Kelly!

Kelly said...

I hope your first week of your new diet and routine went well! I've been praying for you!