Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sadie May

Oh, how I love you Sadie May! But sometimes I don't know what to think! She really challenges me as a parent, I have had to redefine my discipline code. She is very unique and takes different methods! Lately(since we took her pacy away), some of her fits have seem to be unbearable! Constant crying(LOUD, very LOUD), fit throwing, frozen statue, and she pees in her pants just to get me upset, are just some of the fits she throws! On Tuesday, it was really bad! She cried as soon as we picked up Carpenter from MC! We picked him up from his classroom and she cried all the way down 385 to home! I had had enough! The constant crying, Carpenter had his poor hands over his ears, and Rowan starting crying because the noise made him scared! I almost lost it, I was very close to pulling over and having a cry! I haven't slept in 4 years and sometimes you reach that breaking point! I just know that her behavior can not go on like this forever, right?

But on the other hand, she is our funniest child! She does not call me "mom" anymore! I am "Mommy Long," the only way I can figure it our because I call her my her full name, Sadie May Long, when she is in trouble! Sadie and Carpenter were having a little argument in Carpenter's room! I try to let them work it out sometimes, and just listen in! So I heard Sadie hit Carpenter, and Carpenter hit Sadie back, so then she runs into the living room and says "Car-pen-der hit me!" I told her to tell him not to! So she runs into Carpenter's bedroom and yells "NOT TOO!!!" She also can not take a nap because there are alligators in her room and they will bite her toes!

Sadie, I love you! Lord, please help me with creative problem solving skills to deal with my children!

No comments: