Friday, September 12, 2008

Have you forgotten?




How many people have forgotten about 9-11-01? I mean I still remember those tragic events but I don't think about them everyday! There for a while you can't get it out of your head! Those vivid memories of where you were, did you know someone, God help us!

I wonder why we are so divided about terrorism in America. When the Japanese struck Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. I think that Americans then were more united! That seven years after that attack it still was very real to them and very close. This is an assumption because I was not alive then! Why are we not united on the global threat of terriorism?

As I was coming back from taking Carpenter to the MC, I was listening to talk radio and they were doing a moment of silence in NYC and around the country for the victims of 9/11. I was coming down Stone Ave. and I see the Fire Deptartment on the right! They had all of their firetrucks out, all the lights were on, no siren, no sound, but all of the firemen were standing outside in a moment of silence, of prayer! It was amazing to see this little tribute! It warmed my heart that people had not forgotten! That they as firemen understand the gravity of the situation! A special moment I would have missed if I was not stuck at a stop light!

No comments: