Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Isn't it Ironic!

My father got out of St. Francis yesterday, a little after 1pm. We are really excited to have him home. On Saturday, the 18th, my dad had a 2 hr 45 minute surgery, to clean the walls of his lungs, and remove the fluid (which was like a yello like consistency), they also put 2 ports in to let the lungs drain. He looks a lot better and will slowly regain his strength.

At 6:45 pm, I had to take Marley up to St. Francis. I guess this is the ironic part, we finally get my dad home and are celebrating. Then Marley has been spitting up blood all day. During the middle of the night, she had an episode of blood coming our her throat and nose. But when she got home the blood was coming up quite a bit, and finally a whole bunch came out her mouth and nose. I had called the doc, and I finally decided to go to the ER. So I dropped the kids off at Gran's(thank you Gran and Pop-Pop!), and off course it stops bleeding when are able to see the doc. We had the greatest doctor and nurse at the ER! They were very kind. They couldn't really tell where the blood was coming from. She had a lot of blood go into her stomach. She was feeling really sick to her stomach. Finally, she threw up a whole bunch, and felt better. She looked really pale!

This morning we had to go to the doc office all the way in Easley(my first trip there!), and she has to stay out of school the rest of the week. I am worried she will get behind in school! She is not allowed to play her wii, and she is upset about that.



Hopefully everything will get better! Thanks for all the prayers.

Sorry Marley, I know this may be embarrassing later! Dang camera phones and big mouthed moms!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Good grief girl! I don't know anyone else who could survive a day in your shoes!
Hope you feel better soon Marley!
(And that is the cutest picture of Marley and Rowan)

Anonymous said...

Poor Marley in the top picture! I am glad you posted the one below with Rowan. It makes me feel better to see her feeling better. I talked to her on the phone when she answered at mom and dad's tonight. She sounded better. Glad to know!

The Browns said...

she looks so pitiful! bless her (and your) heart!!