Friday, June 6, 2008

Harbor Island

We decided on a quick mini vacation while we were in the Low Country after Grannie's funeral. It was wonderful seeing family even though it was a sad instance in the lose of her earthly life and joyous of her new heavenly life! I went with www.vrbo.com. Harbor Island seemed neat, not alot of people, and adventurous. We wanted ocean front because taking 4 kids and their stuff is hard to do with just two adults. I am surprised the female body has not grown more arms yet! Back to the vacation. To get to the beach it was 200 yards away! And then when the tide was out it was like 250 yards away! There were alot of wildlife: horseshoe crabs, blue crabs, hermit crabs, jelly fish, dolphins! This made us leery of going into the ocean! So we didn't even go into the ocean! There were also no waves which was disappointing! But the beach was nice to not have to worry about your kids flicking sand on anyone! Rowan seemed to enjoy it! He only ate the sand a few times and just loved crawling on the beach! Breastfeeding at the beach is hard to do and sandy!:(! But all in all this was our first vacation with 4 kids! Things weren't easy, but wonderful memories were made! Thank you God for my family!







Guess why Carpenter is crying?






3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roxann said...

the kids look so cute!

Kelly said...

Oh my! Your kid are getting too big, make them stop growing!!
Have I told you lately that you're my hero??? I'm worried about taking TWO kids to the beach with my WHOLE family. I can't even imagine taking FOUR with only TWO adults!!!