Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Death

I guess with the passing of Jon's Granny and Lauren McCraw, it makes me think about death! I am not scared of death, I know the Lord has saved me. It is more of the thought of Wills. We don't have a Will and I know we need to do one. But we can not do a simple Will. We have to have a Special Needs Trust for Carpenter. This costs a few thousand dollars! Because if Carpenter has more than $2000.00 he will lose his SSI and will cancel his health insurance. Not that he could live on that! So all the questions having to do with a Will about the kids. Also my thoughts are about all my kids! Jon and I think we have to take good care of ourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually. So that we will be around for the kids as they go into adulthood and married life. But with the thoughts of us getting older is who would take care of Carpenter when he is older. Of course, we hope that Carpenter will be as self sufficient as he can be. But that one of our children will not think that having Carpenter with them later in life will not be a burden but a blessing! This is a huge responsibility that is placed upon them! Their little hearts may not know about this responsibility now but they will grow up soon enough before my eyes!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What am I going to do with you and all of your worrying??
We need to try to get together next week. Kids or no kids?

Anonymous said...

I am sure Marley would take care of her sweet little brother. I feel certain that is why God blessed you and Jonathan with all those precious children. God knows the big picture, you don't need to worry, he already has everything planned out. You just need to pray that you will do the best you can to mold the hearts of your children to be like His. If you do your best in that aread, you will have done your part. God will take care of the rest. Just don't be blinded by the fact that we can only see the past and the present...but only He know the future. Missy