Thursday, November 15, 2007

Overwhelmed!!!!




I just wanted to tell everybody I feel completely overwhelmed right now! And I don't want to admit it! I just have a lot of decisions to make with the right services for Carpenter. There is so much information running through my head. Where should I place Carpenter in school? We are going through the Child Find process. I love where he is going right now, but what is the best for him? Therapists, I love his therapists, but can I get more services somewhere else? I just have such a burden(pressure) on my heart right now. Am I doing the best for him? These decisions seem so critical right now. I want to use every possible service that is offered to him right now before it may be taken away from him. I am praying about this whole situation. Please pray that I will clearly know where Carpenter should be in school at and which therapists are best for him.

Carpenter has gone from baby crunches in the NICU, to exercises on the exercise ball, to maneuvering obstacle courses. So many therapy steps and wonderful therapists along the way have led us to help Carpenter along his way. We have been richly blessed by everyone that God has put in our life for Carpenter. All the wonderful doctors, nurses, therapists, friends, and family. I see wonderful growth everyday!



I need a sign, dear Lord! I just don't want to make the wrong choice. I am lifting it up to you, oh Lord. Please let me seek Your will for Carpenter and not my own! I pray for everyone in Carpenter's school and therapy life right now. I thank you for them. I thank you for providing them in our lives. I pray that they will know how to serve Carpenter to get the most out of him. Please keep the joy in their hearts for teaching. Please help us make the right decisions for what Carpenter needs. Please help me to see those decisions clearly and to feel peace about making them. I know that trusting fully in You will lift my burden of decision making for Carpenter's services. Forgive me for my sins. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

And... dear Lord, more sleep would be great! Amen!

5 comments:

Medic Mom said...

I can't even imagine what you are going through!! I will definitely keep you in my prayers as you make these decisions!

Kelly said...

I'm praying! If there is anything else I can do PLEASE let me know!

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
When you were a little girl I could take you into my arms and tell you that everything was going to fine. You are now a young lady and you have asked for help from the Greatest of Fathers. I know that as long as we as we pray to God for wisdom and guidance that everything will be as it should. God has already given him the best parents he could have in you and Jon.Don't worry be confident that he will provide. We love you all and are very proud of you.
Love,
Dad

The Pettigrew's said...

I agree with your Dad. I think that Carpenter has been blessed with wonderful parents who want him to succeed in his future. I know that as a mother you will research until every stone is left unturned until you feel you have found what God wants for Carpenter. I know you will do what is best for him without a doubt. Make him reach the potential you know he has…as his mother. I know you will do what is right. Just listen and learn as much as you can. Don’t ever have any doubts.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I met your mother-in-law on the cruise this past week and she was telling me that she has a grandson with down syndrome; Carpenter. I had both my little ones on the cruise and my oldest 3 years old Christopher has down syndrome. In fact I met 3 other grandmothers and another mom that has a child in their family with DS. They saw Christopher and they came up to me and told me about their little one. The one mother has a 50 year old daughter with DS. It was great to see other people come up to me and ask about Christopher. My father asked how did they know that he has DS. I just told him that people that have a child in their family with DS can easily recognize others with DS. They just see their grandchild with the same characteristics as Christopher.

I know you will make your decision for the right schooling for Carpenter. Its hard to make that decision. I'll have that hard decision in another 2 years. I'm not ready for that decision as you are. I have Christopher enrolled at Early Childhood League in Columbus, OH. He's been going there since he was 15 months old and is now in their preschool program.

You can check out Christopher at http://www.babyhomepages.net/webster/

Well hope you make your decision. It was great talking to your mother in law, we even saw each other at the airport and exchanged information. She is so very proud of you and the accomplishments you have done with Carpenter.