Friday, March 20, 2009

Mr. President, I know you didn't

I can't believe that President Obama made that statement about the Special Olympics in such a derogatory fashion. But then again, I can believe it. It just really saddens me.

I know that this is the United States of the Offended. But there is only so much I can take. When people reference special needs people in such a hateful matter. I have have no respect for them.

Part of the Statement from the Special Olympics:
"Words hurt and words matter. Words can cause pain and result in stereotypes that are unfair and damaging to people with intellectual disabilities. And using "Special Olympics" in a negative or derogatory context can be a humiliating put-down to people with special needs."

from Special Olympics chairman Timothy Shriver

There is one quick way to start a fight with me. Use the unforgivable word "retard!" It just sends my temper through the roof! I don't even like the word spoken carelessly. It to me is one of the worst "bad words" possible.

I have more to say about this, but I will have to write after the kids go to bed tonight!

Am I easily offended or just a born warrior who can not stand injustice?

16 comments:

Kelly said...

I saw it online this morning and was outraged. And you know what I think upsets me the most? It almost seems like it was totally overlooked, like swept under the rug that he even said it. He should offer a public apology.

Roxann said...

Well, it seems like it didn't get swept under the rug for some and a lot of people were raising cane about his remark. I'm glad they did. I had to go look this up, didn't hear about it until I read your blog Stacey. Got a lot of hits on Google.

Anonymous said...

I'm offended and outraged, too! What I want to know if when did the Special Olympics become equated with inability rather than ability?

I've been telling everyone that Barack Obama and I broke up. That's about sums it up for me. That comment of his was the last straw for me. And every, little thing he said or did previously that annoyed me, but I was willing to overlook? I'm not willing to overlook them anymore.

It's over between Barack Obama and I. And this time it's for reals...

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online www.buy-diazepam-online.net - 5mg diazepam street value

Anonymous said...

cheap xanax no prescription xanax white pill s 900 - generic brands of xanax

Anonymous said...

diazepam for dogs cheap diazepam sale usa - diazepam dosage dentist

Anonymous said...

ambien drug ambien discount programs - generic for ambien cr 12.5 mg

Anonymous said...

generic soma online soma drug schedule - carisoprodol 350 mg soma

Anonymous said...

buy soma online somanabolic muscle maximizer user reviews - soma 250 medication

Anonymous said...

buy generic soma long will soma show drug test - how to buy somanabolic muscle maximizer

Anonymous said...

soma carisoprodol carisoprodol 5513 dan - soma drug erowid

Anonymous said...

buy generic valium online no prescription buy valium online no prescription uk - valium for sale in bulk

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online much time sleep ambien - ambien side effects ear ringing

Anonymous said...

soma sale somanabolic muscle maximizer yahoo answers - order soma online from mexico

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol without prescription soma medication online - buy soma online in texas

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium 5mg dosage - what does generic valium look like